Today I’m sharing a few of my current crushes for the coffee table and some other, everyday faves. I thought it would only be fair if I offered my newest favorite coffee table book to one lucky reader to share this crush with me! Art & Sole by Jane Weitzman (wife of Stuart Weitzman) is a collection of artists’ interpretations of Weitzman classics. These shoes were commissioned by Mrs. Weitzman, and were displayed in the windows of the first Stuart Weitzman store on Madison Avenue in the mid-1990s. The vibrant red cover and gold edged pages, make the perfect addition to any coffee table!
To enter giveaway:
1. Like Sequin Crush on Facebook
2. Follow me on Instagram
3. Find the giveaway image on Instagram, like and comment, tagging a friend who would also love this book!
Winner will be announced March 3rd. Good luck!
Get the rest of my coffee table look with this high-gloss, white tray and copper bud vase from CB2. And share my everyday crushes with this ID coordinates bracelet, Elizabeth & James – Nirvana Black rollerball perfume, Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro, and dark chocolate…always keep dark chocolate around.
Zara dress | Max Studio cape (similar) (similar+want even more+sale alert) | BCBG belt (similar) | Ivanka Trump boots | Express sunglasses | Forever 21 beenie | Vintage clutch (similar) (similar)
There have been a few basic pieces that I have been rotating in my outfits this Winter. A simple black dress, sheer black tights, over the knee boots, and a beenie have been the base to many of my cold weather, layered looks this season. I am a big fan of belting outwear to give some shape to otherwise overwhelming silhouettes, so weather it’s a chunky cardigan or your wool coat, try adding a belt for a more structured and polished look. Also, adding a belt to your coat that you wear everyday (and that you’re probably ready to burn in that fireplace you wish you had keeping you warm this winter) will make it feel more unique and special, so that you won’t hate wearing it for another month or so!
Shot by Ciera Holzenthal
Do you have a Valentine’s crush? I’ve had my eye on a few things, so today I’m sharing my current crushes for Valentine’s Day – Some having more to do with Valentine’s day than others, but I think you get an idea of the mood I’m trying to set here (or maybe not, but it involves anything blush, black, rose gold, shiny, scented, and absolutely lovely!) Instead of putting together a general gift guide for others, I really thought about things that I personally love and would want for myself right now. I encourage you all to do the same, and treat yourself to something that will make you happy this Valentine’s Day! It can be as little as a cute box of matches for your nightstand, a new shade (or your signature shade) of lipstick, an art print or decorative pillow to add something special to your apartment, or some love potion if you’re trying to find that special someone!
As a Sequin Crush exclusive, Obeah NYC is offering 15% off any purchase to all of my readers until Valentine’s Day with code ‘Valentine’ at checkout!
Shop my crushes: Rose gold loafers | Champagne chocolate bar | Heart nails | Desert print | Moschino heart clutch (Sale alert!) | Rose thorn necklace | Tony Moly lip balm | Obeah NYC Elixer for Love | GiGi New York bucket bag | YSL gloss | Antler speaker (Yes, that’s a speaker! You’re welcome!) | Jonathan Adler tic tac toe | Catbird matches | Lace robe | Giles & Brother cuff | Metallic pillow | Mermaid perfume
Forever 21 jacket (similar) (similar) | Zara top (similar) (similar) | TJMaxx duster sweater (similar) | Zara leggings | Zara boots (similar) (similar) | Mango bracelet
Today’s outfit is all about playing with proportions. This fringe jacket is pretty short on me so I decided to have some fun with layering and pair it with 2 different lengths underneath. I stared with an oversized silk blouse, then added a duster cardigan for even more of a contrast to the jacket length. To pull of this look, keep it sleek and simple on the bottom with a black legging and pointy toe booties and stick to a neutral color palette with one statement piece or pop of color.
What do y’all think? Would you be game to play with proportions like this? I would love to know!
Skirt c/o Langford Market | Mango tee & necklace | H&M leather jacket | Express fur vest (similar) | Joie boots
I can’t believe it’s been a week since my Birthday already! My sister came in town to visit so we had lots of fun exploring places that I’ve been wanting to try out. Brooklyn Farmacy & Soda Fountain is the cutest little 1920’s apothecary store, turned soda fountain, in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn. I figured this would be the perfect spot to get brunch and enjoy a sweet treat for my Birthday! I ordered the ‘Pink Poodle’ ice cream float which was made with hibiscus soda and vanilla ice cream and was absolutely amazing! The rainbow sprinkles were a special request of course, and they added a candle for my birthday! For a fun, yet laid back look, I wore a feminine tulle skirt, dressed down with a tee and layered with a leather jacket and fur vest.
Shot by Ciera Holzenthal
I recently came across this amazing Proenza Schouler lookalike (which I also featured here) and just had to share! This look is perfect for the holidays when you wanna be comfy but still festive and just dressy enough. In Winter most gravitate to only wearing jeans, but I am going to try to embrace the midi skirt trend all year long. Layered with fleece lined tights and a chunky sweater, I’ll be cozy and warm while not getting stuck wearing the same few pairs of jeans all Winter long!
Get the look: Sweater / Skirt
Hickory Chicks Dress (c/o) | Thrifted Nine West boots (similar) | ASOS hat (similar) | Vintage Whiting & Davis necklace | Hickory Chicks Tassel Bracelet (c/o)
Fall, I like you. Will you stick around a while? Before that sneaky bitch Winter comes around, I am embracing the chill in the air and spending as much time outside as possible before the whole city goes into hibernation. This chambray dress is the perfect dress to transition into the colder months. It had been a warm few days, so I left the house wearing only this dress, as I walked half a block to the train and realized the temp had definitely dropped – I would have been comfortable with a leather jacket on top. I was just glad I wore this hat because then it started raining. (Note to self: As a New Yorker, always check the weather before leaving the house!) There are so many ways that this simple shirt dress can be styled. I was feeling a bit of a rhinestone cowboy vibe that day with the hat, boots, and gold handkerchief necklace! Once it gets colder I am seeing it with over the knee socks, knee high boots, and a fur vest.
And I’m sure you noticed that cute tassel hanging on my wrist…well here’s your chance to win this bracelet for yourself! As an LSU girl, I always notice even the slightest purple and gold in an outfit, and this bracelet and hat combo made me think of some gameday accessorizing options. Enter to win below!
Hope y’all have a great weekend, and wherever you live, get outside and enjoy the weather!
Shot by Megan Pendergrass
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Summer is not nearly over yet so I have put together a round-up of some Summer essentials that I am currently crushing. If you have not tried any of these… well you still have time, what are you waiting for?
1) Totes! – I have found that a good tote bag is really necessary especially during the Summer and living in New York. Carry it with you (or keep it in your car) for those last minute grocery trips, pack it for a movie/picnic in the park, farmers market on Sundays anyone?, bring it shopping so you don’t have to carry all of those separate shopping bags…like I said, necessary! Redbubble offers an amazing selection of unique designs. I chose this cute fruity print perfect for any Summer outing or weekend getaway!
2) Faux Glow – If you are as unfortunate as myself and have not had a chance to make it to the beach yet this Summer, this Opulent Body Bronzing Lotion by Kismet Cosmetics is your saving grace and will help you fake it til you make it (to the beach that is)! And if you are fortunate enough to be rocking a real tan, this will accelerate it and keep you glowing into the fall!
3) Pretty Titties – Let’s face it. Bras can be uncomfortable…especially in the Summer when your wardrobe choices are based on items that will cling to your body the least. But I am definitely not opposed to a pretty bra showing under my not so full coverage clothing during the Summer! That’s why a comfy and pretty bra are one of my Summer wardrobe essentials. ThirdLove creates beautiful lingerie that not only looks great, but also fits better thanks to their App that lets you size yourself and shop for perfectly-fitting bras (even in half sizes).
4) Eye Candy – Oh how a good pair of sunnies can make your outfit (and keep those pretty eyes of yours protected)! I have been a fan of Kewe Du Optic since they first started, and they just keep surprising me with how many amazing styles they keep coming out with! I want one of each for every outfit this Summer (Hey, a girl’s gotta have options!) My new faves are the St Louis in Bengal and the Charles in Matte Oyster.
5) Summer Slides – No, not like water slides, but the sandal style of the Summer! I have to admit when I first started seeing that Birks came back in style, I was…let’s just say a bit confused. I came around quickly though and realized that they give an effortlessly cool edge to any look. If you are still on the fence about this trend, try a less expensive version first like this pair from Famous Footwear. They just opened their third location in the New Orleans area (Algiers Plaza at 3038 Holiday Drive) and will have a grand opening party on Aug 9th so stop by and you can even win a free pair!
6) Say Cheese! – Umm a mini glitter camera? Yes please! Capture all of your outings and OOTD’s with a fun Lomography camera this Summer. Put down the IPhone, quit all your camera editing apps and give this glittery gal a turn in the spotlight. It’s an adorbs accessory, and will bring all your friends together at any event.
7) Matchy Matchy – A coordinate set is a must this Summer (extra points for a pineapple print)! We already know crop tops are here to stay, so why not pair it with a matching skirt? It’s just as easy as throwing on a dress, but is way cooler (in both senses of the word). Some of my other fave co-ord’s can be found here and here!
Brandy Melville Top | Zara Trousers | Topshop Sandals | Topshop Earrings | Rayban Sunglasses
It’s almost the 4th of July! Do you know what you’re going to wear?? Although these pants will be a little too warm to wear all day in the heat, (for whatever outdoor fun I may get into here!) I love them for just about any occasion! With a fitted waist and slightly tapered cropped leg, you can easily pair a trouser like this with a sandal or of course a heel for an even sleeker look. I love the unexpected aspect of wearing a really dressy piece (in this case my earrings) with an otherwise quite casual outfit. So go ahead, and add a little bling to your festive 4th outfit, because the fireworks don’t have to be the only thing sparkling!
If you’re still not sure what you’re going to wear, try this oldie but goodie DIY for a pair of American Flag cutoff shorts!
Shot by Megan Pendergrass
Forever 21 skirt | H&M earrings (similar) (similar) | Poshmark top (similar)
As a New Yorker (whoa, that’s the first time I have called myself that) I walk A LOT more than I did living in New Orleans and owning a car. This has lead me to realize that my wardrobe actually has to change a bit too. It’s getting pretty hot here, and I want to be as comfortable as possible when walking around in the sun and heat. All those little cute, short, flowy skirts I own are kind of tricky to walk around the city in without flashing a few people from any slight breeze or feeling like someone is always looking up it when walking up the stairs from the subway….which is why I am loving the midi-length trend right now. When all you want to wear is a flowy skirt, but not have to worry about being inappropriate on your stroll, this length is the way to go.
Unfortunately I have not found that photographer boyfriend that every fashion blogger seems to have, so for now I have to rely on some good ol’ selfies to share my everyday outfits with y’all. This was from a stroll through Williamsburg, and of course could not pass up this metallic moment happening with my outfit and graffiti wall!